The park was created by the legendary Lviv park master and engineer of the city plantations Arnold Roering. He laid it in 1879 on the site of ravines and Stryi cemetery, closed half a century before. Rering planted almost 40 thousand trees in the park. Among them was even a tree that has survived as a species since the days of dinosaurs. And in 1887, the lower alley was decorated with a monument to Jan Kilinski, the hero of the Polish revolution led by Tadeusz Kosciuszko, a general and ally of George Washington. So, Kosciuszko was one of the creators of the United States. With the advent of this monument, the park was named after Kilinsky. Subsequently, the name Stryisky did win.